Welp, here it is! The tutorial level I've been building! It looks a bit different from the Illustrator doc, huh? Trust me, it's freaking awesome! Also, there's more! Check out what happens when I enable my level's unbound Post-Process Volume...
I figured that since I'm making a retro-style side scrolling level, I might as well make it look that way! Now, it's not strictly Mega-Drive retro but more like PS1-ish when ya run it but it still looks and plays epically!
Now, how 'bout some cool shots?
 |
| The first screen of the game! |
 |
| Run and jump through Sarasota to make it to class on time! |
 |
| Discover hidden deposits from the school's tuition account! XD |
 |
| Navigate through the totally real-and-not-made-up cliffs of Sarasota! |
 |
| Be sure to defeat any alligators you see walking around or they'll hurt! |
Below are a couple of the sprites I made for this level. I'll be honest, I was a bit inspired by all the sweet sprites in Cave Story!:
 |
| Foreground grass! |
 |
| Set of WASD keys. |
 |
| (See below for explanation) |
 |
| Coastline upper-class retirement condos! |
 |
| Rolling hills and trees! |
 |
| Ringling's main building, Ulla Searing! |
Fast Fact: The tiling purple texture with the grass is based on the tiling stones in front of the school's main building. For ref, I ran outside and snapped this pic:
 |
| Was I accurate enough? |
The end of the level is currently being programed, so I'll show that off when I get it working. But for now, here's a sneak peak!
 |
| Oh mah gurd, it's the college's main building! |
Anyone excited for Smash 4? Heheh, of course ya are!
See ya next time!
No comments:
Post a Comment