Saturday, August 23, 2014

Let's make a thing!

I have been tasked with making a thing. A tutorial level to be precise! Thing is, the mechanics that I must teach are all from the NES Super Mario Bros. So basically, I'm making a smaller version of 1-1.


The point of the project is to illustrate how well I can teach a player mechanics. Since Mario was designed to perfectly teach you everything the game had to offer, why not use it to convey the same thing? If more features are added, that's a different story. But for now, this is what I've got to work with.

Had a few questions to answer for the project so here they are!

1. What is the conflict?
He's late for class and there are alligators EVERYWHERE!!

2. What is the twist?
If you didn't collect enough $$$ though-out the level, you can't get into the Ulla Searing Building 'cause tuition, yo. The Financial Deficit Gator eats you if you can't get in, killing you instantly.

3. Where is it?
Sarasota, FL on the way to Ringling College's Ulla Searing Building.

4. What time of year is it?
August.

5. What time of day is it?
8am-ish.

6. Who else lives here?
My roommate, my teacher, most of my classmates, etc.

7. What does their architecture look like?
For the level, it's blocks, but for the design, I'd say just like the front courtyard of the school plus the surrounding buildings. (AKA: This)

8. What happened in the environment prior to the player getting there?
THE SEMESTER BEGAN!

9. How did the player arrive to the environment? What brought them there?
He ran of course! He is compelled by the mysterious power that is copious amounts of $$$.

See ya soon! ;D

No comments:

Post a Comment