Saturday, August 24, 2013

"Quinn, What's your all-time favorite game commercial?"

Recently, a I was asked what my all-time favorite video game commercial was.

There are a many hilarious campaigns out there but I realized that most of them didn't have much to to with convincing me of the product they were selling; They mainly aimed for a shock factor.
I was going to say one where they just show the game and it's features, which get's directly to what you will be paying for. But, they usually left no impact as a piece of advertising as all the footage was just from the game.

There is one campaign that sticks out to me though and that would be Halo 3's "Believe" Campaign: http://youtu.be/4Sz7bFN8B9U

As I haven't had the chance to play the Halo Series, (Oh boy, I can just see the hate mail..) I can safely say I'm going off of the trailer's merit alone. See, what really stands out to me is that it not only explains the weapons and gameplay in a very clever way (war veteran recollection documentary) but it always ties it back in to the player character, Master Chief. Specifically the ad where the veteran says that they waited all night in complete darkness for Master Chief to arrive. Like the the game and it's very real characters are just waiting for you to play.

The epicness just.. astounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment