Since the slideshow is designed to aid what I say rather than explain everything point-for-point, I'll type a basic rundown of my pitch and embed the PowerPoint after it. Sound good? Okay then, here it goes!
Essentially, the world has begun to be too overpopulated. (Think 21-31 Billion people) So, all that land set aside for UNESCO World Heritage Sites and National Parks has to, unfortunately, be developed. Also, in this society, to make sure that everyone can get their needs met, the way that things are sold has been changed from human interaction to all vending machine. This means that everything you could possibly buy is now done through conveniently placed vending machines. This idea stemmed from all the crazy vending machines in Japan like the lettuce vending machine:
Or the Smart Car vending machine:
The level area I have in mind would take place on the cliff-face on the outskirts of the city. A small, urban plaza not too dissimilar to that of a rest stop or gas station checkpoint; You would turn off the main freeway (Built like PCH, or Highway 1, in California) drive around a roundabout lined with vending machines and drive down into subterranian parking that lines the canyon's cliff side. From there, you would be able to access other buildings, other parts of the city, your home. This area would be designed very much like a small European town.
Along with my pitch I had to include a level area design concept and some concept art. These may be found in slideshow below!
I hope you enjoyed my concept! When my class and I get further down the line with our chosen concept, I'll post about it!
For now, have a great weekend! ;D

No comments:
Post a Comment