Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Dynasty Poster initial sketches!

Yup, 'tis that time in production.. Advertizing!!
I'm creating a simple movie poster. Kinda like the ones you would find on old Atari 2600 boxes. Here is my progress so far! The design is based upon Japanese artworks and film posters.

Initial sketch work

Fill in and define colors

Prepare figures for local rendering
Yeah! I still got a lot of work ahead of me, but it's sweet to see the cells mapped out!
Also, the level so far..
This pic is a few days old so it's a bit outdated now, but I have sloped the level downwards! I've also added stained glass windows, and red lighting from below. It's comin' along!

Lastly, I have begun creating a small prop package in UDK. My first piece is a jar. Please note, that it is currently unfinished due to some stubborn faces..
These faces are gonna be the end of me.
I have re-mapped those bottom faces 3 times and have smoothed out the entire model, but they won't go away! *Sigh..* Back into Maya again!
If you're wondering how I created any effects in UDK, I am literally following all of the examples on this web page: http://udn.epicgames.com/Three/MaterialExamples.html
They're super helpful!

I'll see ya guys real soon! ;D

No comments:

Post a Comment