 |
| Yeah! I've been updating the test map! Here's a pre-race track shot! |
|
 |
| The level takes place on the edge of a mesa in South America. |
 |
| Yup, that's exactly what it looks like! |
 |
| Somehow, this whole track seems kinda familiar... |
 |
| ..Somehow.. (But where's the plane!? lol) |
However, this track is quite different from it's Dreamcast inspiration. Here's a break down of the level progression from start to finish!
 |
| To follow along, here's a top-down view of the playable track. Play goes clockwise starting at the very bottom clearing on this image. |
Part of the criteria for this track is that a player must be able to complete it in approximately one minute. I can get around it in the Scorpion in exactly that time! Since our cars are potentially going to move faster than the Scorpion, I'd say this time trial is an excellent safe bet for meeting this criteria!
I didn't wanna try something overly complicated on this course (changing the track every lap, Split/Second style explosions, etc) simply because I wanna make the level that I have play and look the very best it can be. The racing game style that we are making is basically Mario Kart/Crash Team Racing in Forza style cars, so I feel that this track design feels right at home with the likes of Cocoanut Mall and Rainbow Road!
Awesome music be here!
No comments:
Post a Comment