Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Round 2.. FIGHT!!!

And just like that, I'm back in Florida for the 2nd half of my Sophomore year here at Ringling!

K, so here's what I'm gonna make:

A DeLorean DMC-12
Yes, the car from the Back To The Future Trilogy
A character to go with the DeLorean (80's kid)

Probably a cross between these two.
Maybe I can play with fur techniques!
And a Jungle-esque level to drive it on!
Why jungle? Why not?
I've started by doing some research on one of my favorite race tracks from a recent racing game: Carrier Zone from Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing: TRANSFORMED!!
A simple top-down of the level I created showing major points.



Fun fact about this game, I got to meet the director, Steve "s0l" Lycett! Actually, I met him twice. Once at Summer of Sonic 2012, the annual international Sonic the Hedgehog convention in London and again a week later at Sonic Boom 2012! (SEGA's West-Coast response to SOS) He's a really great guy and I certainly hope SEGA keeps letting Sumo Digital create games off of their IP 'cause ASRT is really good!








No comments:

Post a Comment