So right now, I'm working on making an exploding barrel. Ya know, the one's that you shoot once, they emit flames, then blow up? So far, I'm just getting the code to work with stock assets in UDK but I plan on creating my own fire/explosion particles and a simple barrel static mesh!
 |
| Yessssss, it goes BOOM! |
Here's the lovely kismet sequence for that. At this point, I simply need to add my own kactor static mesh and a custom smoke and explosion particle!
 |
| Basically says: If hit, start flaming and then explode after 4 seconds. However, if hit hard enough, just straight up explode. Also, exploding damages the player based on how far away the player is from the barrel when the barrel explodes. |
Also...
 |
| Anyone else hear Huey Lewis and the News? |
 |
| Dat stainless steel shine... |
Yeah, it drives.
 |
| *Incoherent screams of joy* |
The car project is due Tuesday morning so I got my work cut out for me with UV's and weighting. The DMC-12's tires are popping through the stainless steel body if you can get the car in extreme angles. I'm gonna look into seeing if I can get the wheel mesh to stop moving up if it collides up or something.
 |
| Here it is in all it's gas-grill-plated glory in a test mockup of the character select screen! (Why, yes, it DOES rotate!) |
Also, the level's map has been locked down!
I got a little bit of mesh fixing to do, but other than that, it's straight texturing and set-dressing from here on out! I'm also gonna be adding in all of the sound effects and music during this stage! (I'm thinking something like
this for the music track)
 |
| The two temple platforms in the middle slowly move left and right. |
The great news is, at this point, everything in the level works!
 |
| Around the level's 1st turn.. |
Until next time!
Awesome music be here!
No comments:
Post a Comment