Saturday, February 22, 2014

Planning the level's intro sequence.

Out of all the racing games I have played, the point where I'm most excited to play a track, before the race actually starts, is the track's intro sequence. It's that point in the game where you have selected a level to play, the level has loaded in, and is now awaiting your input to either the Start or A button to actually begin the race. Here, you will most likely find a series of panning/tracking camera shots featuring exciting moments somewhere in the level. It's hard to find footage of this online as most people try to start the race ASAP when they're recording, but I've found a select few that I'd like to emulate:



Hey, why not? ASRT is where this all started!

What I've noticed after playing this game a TON is that the sequence always starts with a selling shot that shows you the main unique focus of the level, then it goes into a few shots of unique points in the level, then it levels off with some shots of the scenery. For the Mesa Vista track intro, I'm going to do three shots! Here they are currently:



I think these shots work really well, but that's for the players to decide! I'll be tweaking these shots based on the feedback I get on it!

Until next time!
Awesome music be here!


No comments:

Post a Comment