Thursday, September 11, 2014

I'm building an FPS level and it's midnight, so I'll make this quick!


Hey! So I'm gonna be taking a crack at designing something for a genre I generally don't get the chance to play very often, FPS! Above is a quick isometric draft of what I'm going for. The map is mainly designed for Control Point matches.

Now, it just turned midnight here, and I gotta sleep! G'night!

[UPDATE]

So now that I have a bit more time to explain how this works, I'll tell ya! This map takes place on the Italian Cost. I've mainly been inspired by the coastal town, Manarola:


You're basically fighting for control of a town square off the coast. Think a little bit of rock off of a crescent that's connected by two bridges. I'm gonna see if I can use my modular Italian House kit on the project!!

[UPDATE]

Turns out the deadline for the Modular Kit is a bit after this project is due, so that's not gonna work. Fortunately, we are allowed to use assets that come with UE4 as the project is fundamentally about design. Don't worry, Manarola isn't going away anytime soon! You'll see what I mean. ;D

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment