Monday, September 15, 2014

This weekend in six seconds


Yup, that's about it! Loads and LOADS of rendering in preparation for our Thursday deadline! Basically what I've been doing is taking random doodles that I randomly sketched out on my phone and turning them into full-scale character designs! Below is a quick Gif of that process.


We were required to turn in our fleshed out line-work first before we could start rendering. For my work I use the standard Photoshop brush with 1% spacing and a Wacom tablet. I tend to draw very thin lines so I actually had to multiply the line-work for the final! Here's how it turned out!


We had to narrow it down to seven from this step. It's hard to imagine that I started out with 250 doodles! I chose to remove the one's everyone liked the least. Then, we had to start rendering! This was mainly my whole weekend. But in the end, I think it's been worth it! For the final grade, I'm turning in this!


From top to bottom: A dog hogging a toy train on Christmas Day. A terrifying tugboat/tank. A vintage signed photograph of International Fruit Champion, Muhammad Applee. A cyborg snake with an electrical tail whip. A Froglet (Young Frog). A regal bird (No actual bird type as the design is based on a silhouette) and an adult cartoon beaver!

Consider my ability to render under pressure considerably improved!

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment