Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Limbo Library Modular Kit Progress ~ Almost done modeling!!



The modular kit is coming along swimmingly! I realize I haven't told you what the concept is! So, here it goes:
When you die, you go to limbo first. But, what would limbo look like? Well, in this case, it's a large old library lost to the ages! Giant mounds of candles are everywhere and it never seems to end!

As an added bonus for my modular kit, I'm creating an old 1920's circular reception desk. (Heh, maybe one of those help bells too?) The biggest challenge so far has been making sure that every single piece matches in relation to the other pieces. So far, I'm going for a cross between Roman/Greek/Romantic/Art Deco.

Also, I wanted to take a crack at creating a broadcast-ready game trailer. Fortunately, I was able to acquire 20+ minutes of Assassins Creed: Revelations gameplay. Now, to edit that footage down into 35 seconds! I'll be posting the finished version real soon, just gotta get some end-production feedback first!
For last-minute tweaks and such.

Oh, the weirdest thing happened last night: I started designing a board game in my sleep! I wanna try to flesh it out more, but here's what I've got so far:
You and your buddies have to build a dream house for your client. (Clientele varies on each game) Oh, for large groups you can divide into teams and then a winner is determined based upon the client's criteria. So, you start with the client's initial plan and, on a paper grid, lay down the foundation for the house and where the front door will be. ONCE THESE TWO THINGS ARE PLACED THEY CANNOT BE CHANGED!! From then on, it kinda goes a bit Sims. The client changes their mind a lot, (Ex. I wanna deluxe nusery next to the master bedroom! But, your floorplan does not accompany that. In this case, you can a) try to resolve the problem in the floorplan or b) negotiate with the client) the land can have a plethora of problems, fate can ensue, aliens decide they wanna fuck up sections, or all of, your building project and leave the rest of the planet alone. History ensues with radical movements (mobs) etc. Also wings of the house will fall if items are too far off the foundation. Like, maybe 4 squares off for big rooms and two squares off for small ones?
I see this game being played with two decks of cards and a dice or two. (Hey, this would do well for a Lego game!)

Again, just a first rough, but still, not bad for sleeping!

Lots of work ahead, I'll see you guys real soon! ;D

No comments:

Post a Comment